The elders met on September 6th.
Some items the agenda were:
- The Transitional Pastor's report, with an extended discussion on how to decide which ministries to pursue, and how to decide between many good ideas when we can't do them all
- The "prime directive" for the board (i.e.: the basic framework for all decision making) was also highlighted. The prime directive being "What is best for the church at this time?"
- Treasurer's report
- A review of the membership list to bring it up to date
- Selection of two elders to serve on the Nominating Committee
- Approval of a segment of the fall ministry budget submitted by the staff